The internet has reshaped us all
The internet has altered peoples decision making skills. And before you na-sayers sound out your first “N” sound… take a moment and reflect on your last couple of purchases… or even your last “blind date”… was it really even a blind date if you stalked every social media outlet. Discovering who their friends, Mom and Sister were before agreeing to meet up for said coffee?? I didn’t think so.
The same goes for people who are looking for a company to install a new air conditioning unit or repairs for their automobile. They are on the hunt to find the perfect company that feels right. That they can TRUST. What makes them feel a sense of security when they haven’t even “met” your business (much like your blind date)?
- Online Reviews: If you don’t have any reviews, expect to be passed right on by for the next company that does. According to the Local Consumer Review Survey:
- 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 72% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 10% of website traffic value is attributed to online reviews
- 90% of consumers say that their purchases are influenced by online reviews
- Product page visitors who read reviews, convert at a 58% higher rate
They want to hear the GOOD (mostly), the BAD (how your company resolved the problem) and the UG… wait no – don’t be the ugly… they never want to see that.
- Website Design: People make snap judgements. It takes only 1/10th of a second to form a first impression about a person, and websites are no different. It takes about 50 milliseconds (that’s 0.05 seconds) for users to form an opinion about your website that determines whether they like your site or not, whether they’ll stay or leave.
- First impressions are 94% design related (complex, busy layout, lack of navigation aids, noring web design especially use of color, pop up adverts, slow introductions to site, small print, too much text, corporate look and feel, poor search facilities).
At the same time, poor interface design was particularly associated with rapid rejection and mistrust of a website.
- Captivating your audience: So you caught their attention, got them to show up to coffee… now what?! How are you turning those website visitors into calls or purchases –second date anyone? Do you have a STRONG system in play to convert your visitors into paying customers? Sales funnels are crucial to your online campaigns. Don’t waste your hard earned dollars on people who walk into your store and leave without buying anything.
If you don’t have a sales funnel in place or know what your online conversion rate is, stop what you’re doing right now, and contact us. Your online marketing needs direction and we want to help. We are successful when YOU are successful.
Want additional advice? Let us know how we can help you reach your target audience by contacting us today to receive your FREE 30-minute consultation on how we can improve your online presence and marketing strategy.